12th International Meeting for Phytolith Research
- Post by: phytoliths@admin
- November 27, 2020
- Comments off
SECOND CIRCULAR – The 12th IMPR will take place in Kiel (Germany) on September 8 –11, 2021.
Exceptionally this time, the conference will be carried out in the frame of the 27th annual meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists (EAA).
To submit an abstract within IMPR-sessions, you have to be a member of the International Phytolith Society.
In addition, if you wish to participate to EAA-sessions, you should have as well the EAA membership for 2021.
EAA membership is usually mandatory to participate to EAA annual meetings, but if you wish to attend and present exclusively at IMPR-sessions, you can avoid the payment of the EAA membership. The memberships to IPS and EAA have additional advantages and do not include the conference fee.
All details about registration and sessions are HERE!
The registration for the EAA annual meeting is now open. See an overview on the EAA deadlines!
The following dates are particularly important:
• The call for papers/posters opens on 16 December 2020 and closes on 11 February 2021.
• The call for travel grants applications opens on 29 March 2021.
• The deadline for early bird EAA membership fee is 31 March 2021.
• The deadline for early bird Annual Meeting registration fee is 6 April 2021.
- #246 – Phytoliths in integrated archaeobotanical and ethnoarchaeological studies
- #251 – Phytolith identification, classification and morphometry
- #256 – Phytoliths biogeochemistry – From phytoliths formation and role in modern plants to new proxies for archaeology and palaeoecology
- #319 – Phytoliths in geoarchaeology and micromorphology
- #340 – Phytoliths as a proxy for palaeoenvironmental reconstruction
- #342 – Phytoliths in soil thin sections
- #326 – Everything you always wanted to know about phytoliths (but were afraid to ask): Their contribution to the modelling of past human behavior
Looking forward to see you in Kiel!