The International Phytolith Society (IPS) draws its membership from professionals working in fields as diverse as archaeology, biology, plant sciences, geology and soil studies, to name a few, and we warmly welcome all new members.
The current standard membership costs are US$20 per annum for all students and for researchers from developing countries and $35 per annum for researchers from the developed countries of high income economies, as defined by the World Bank.
- global recognition as a member of the only international scientific society dealing exclusively with phytolith research
- access to the Society’s newsletter, the Bulletin (which publishes technical reports, news on phytolith research and makes available details of all the Society’s activities) free of charge
- student research awards and travel grants
- discounted registration at the International Meetings for Phytolith Research
- access rare publications on phytoliths (papers, master and doctoral theses)
Members also have the right to nominate and vote in the elections of the Society’s Board of Directors and participate in the bi-annual conferences of IPS.