Open post-doc position
- Post by: Doris Barboni
- November 24, 2021
- No Comment
Offer: 1 post-doctoral position in phytolith analysis focussing on soil and sediment thin sections (1 year)
Start date: 01/02/2022
The Maritime Cultures Research Institute (MARI) in Brussels, Belgium, is a fundamental research centre that explores how people in or close to a maritime environment created particular ‘fluid’ cultures and societies based on connectivity and transience.
Within MARI’s research project “Archaeology of Coastal Communities: social resilience, innovation and adaptation in landscape, settlement and material culture driven by migration and globalization, climate and environment” we are opening a call for a 1 year post-doctoral position in phytolith analysis focussing on soil and sediment thin sections.
– The study of phytoliths in thin sections from 2 settlement sites under investigation in the project
– Take an active part in the project and in MARI (attend regular meetings) and work closely with all members of the team (PIs, PhDs,and Postdocs)
– PhD in archaeology, archaeological sciences or biology
– Profound knowledge and skills in phytolith studies
– Highly motivated and eager to cross the boundaries between humanities and science – Team spirit and excellent communication skills
– Level B2 or higher in English
– Previous experience working with a petrographic microscope, preferentially on soil and sediment thin sections
Applications must include:
– Detailed CV
– Essay (max. 500 words) in which you explain the relevance of the study of phytoliths in soil and sediment thin sections
– Portfolio detailing research experience (dissertation, reports, publications)
– Copy of diploma(s)
Applications are to be sent to Dr. Yannick Devos by 15 December 2021.
The selected candidates will be invited for a job interview via ZOOM on 22nd of December 2021.